At The Link App, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Who are we?
At The Link App, we are a passionate mix of legal and tech talent who are committed to delivering and improving our revolutionary product around the needs of our users. As the only communication app that caters to the entire legal profession, our mission is to help ambitious law firms stand out from the crowd while improving the way firms interact with valued clients. Our registered address is The Link App, 40 King Street, Manchester, M2 6BA.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about The Link App, input your details to receive a demonstration, register to attend events or webinars and if you subscribe to join our mailing list.
We also collect information about you when you use our products, including when you sign up for an account, log in, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. If you send us a request, such as emailing us for support, we reserve the right to publish it (absent any personally identifying information) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or help other users.
The only personally identifiable information we may discover during the support process includes your email address, phone number and the names of any organisations to which you belong. In the process of supporting our products, we may need to investigate the data within your account, including data you have entered into private communications. If this occurs, we will always request your explicit permission before looking at the data in your account.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, job title, company name and address, email address, telephone number, IP address, and information regarding what website pages are accessed and when.
If you are a subscriber of our product we also collect the following additional information:
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our products.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our products, such as the features you use; the actions you take; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our products.
- Device information. We collect information from and about the computers, phones and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our products, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Contact you following an enquiry;
- Contact you following a demonstration of The Link App;
- Contact you following a registration to a Link App event or webinar;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about relevant thought leadership campaigns and blogs, invitations to relevant events, or promotional marketing communications for The Link App;
- Contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail;
- Allow you to register for our products and to administer and process the registration;
- To charge you any fees and provide you with a receipt or resolve billing issues associated with your account;
- Evaluate the quality of our products and services, and to enhance your experience on our websites;
- Provide, personalise and improve our products.